The convent at St. Bartholomew parish in Wissinoming
will be auctioned off next month, along with seven other properties that belong to the Archdiocese of Philadelphia.
'The school buildings and convents lend themselves to being converted to homes and apartments, while the land in Bucks and Montgomery counties can easily be sub-divided to build homes," Max Spann Real Estate COO Bob Dann said in a press statement. "Someone may even be interested in buying and preserving the land.”
Max Spann Real Estate and Auction will make all eight properties available in the diocese's first multi-site auction.
Other locations up for bid include:
- Former All Saints School and All Saints Convent – 4600 block of E. Thompson St., Philadelphia
- Former St. Michael Business School – 1500 block of N. 2nd Street, Philadelphia
- Former Our Lady of Hope Convent – 3500 block of N. 19th St., Philadelphia
- Approximately 48 acre parcel – 5800 Wismer Rd., Plumstead, Bucks County
- Approximately 29.5 acre parcel (zoned commercial) – 570 Shelly Rd., Harleysville, Montgomery County
- One acre buildable residential lot – Mill Road Circle, Rydal, Montgomery County
The Catholic grade school at St. Bart's closed in 2005, but the building is currently used by a charter school. The parish remains open.