The Revolutionary Germantown Festival is an all day family friendly event commemorating the Battle of Germantown in Philadelphia's most historic neighborhood!
· 12:00pm & 3:00pm- Reenactments of the Battle of Germantown
· 10:00am - 5:00pm - Exhibition & Sale of Historic Maps and Prints
from Arader Galleries in the Cliveden Carriage House
· 10:00am - 4:00pm Family Friendly Activites with the sites of Historic
· 11:15am & 2:15pm- Meet the author of "Surprise of Germantown" Tom McGuire
· 11:40am & 2:40pm Listen to MacGregor's Pipe Band
· 10:30 am- Performance by "Give and Take Jugglers"
· 1:00pm - Student led neighborhood walking tours of Germantown
· 1:30pm Puppet show I'll Take No Tea by Tucker's Tales Puppet Theater
Battle activities taking place off-site in Germantown...
· 10:00am - Historic RittenhouseTown (206 Lincoln Drive) - Dog Exchange reenactment and neighborhood dog walk "Walk & Wag"
· 2:00pm - Concord School House (6309 Germantown Ave.) - Battle Remembrance and Bell Ringing Ceremony
· 12:00pm - 4:00pm- Deshler Morris House (5542 Germantown Ave.) - "Meet & Greet" with General Howe
· 4:30pm - 7:30pm - Grumblethorpe (5267 Germantown Ave.) - Octoberfest Celebration with beer, food, and tours
Tours are available at the Germantown Mennonite Meetinghouse, Wyck, the Germantown White House, the Johnson House, and the Concord School & Upper Burying Ground.
|RSS Feed Today|