The Office of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Affairs was created to connect LGBT people with government services and to help to ensure that services they receive are culturally competent. The primary role of the Deputy Director of LGBT Affairs is to assist, support, and advise the Executive Director of LGBT Affairs and Philadelphia City Government on the needs of LGBT residents, to serve as a liaison between the LGBT community the City of Philadelphia, and to educate residents and the city workforce on the needs of the LGBT Community. This position reports to the Executive Director of LGBT Affairs.
• Support the growth and development of the City’s LGBT communities
• Strengthen partnerships between the community, LGBT Affairs office, and LGBT serving organizations
• Support the growth and success of the Mayor’s LGBT Commission
• Support the development and implementation of an LGBT leadership training module
• Identify, train, and establish city LGBT Department Liaisons
• Participate in speaking engagements, panels, lectures to further the Office’s mission and reach LGBT Competency Training Coordinator for the City of Philadelphia Workforce in collaboration with Director of Training and Recruiting, CAO
• Social media management- including Twitter, Facebook, and other social media platforms to effectively disseminate information to the community, and respond to inquiries.
• Database management- assist with the development and maintenance of agency databases including Excel, Google, access, and Microsoft platforms such as SharePoint.
• Policy development- craft policy with the collaboration of agency and community stakeholders including the LGBT affairs commission, city council members, and the private sector;
• Relationship/Coalition building- with the ED, identify areas of need in the city’s LGBT community
• Supervise staff, as needed.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
conforming; people of color)
Full posting: http://www.phila.gov/personnel/jobs/exempt/MDI_DepDirLGBTA.pdf