WRT is an award-winning firm with a reputation for excellence and a legacy in sustainable planning and design. For more information, visit http://www.wrtdesign.com.
Seeking an urban designer with 2-4 years of experience for an entry level position in our Philadelphia office. A Bachelor of Architecture is required and Masters in Urban/City Planning and private sector experience in urban design is strongly desired. This position offers growth potential for a motivated individual.
The current work includes a variety of planning, urban design and architectural projects types and scales including master planning of large institutional and educational campuses, transit oriented developments, neighborhood master plans, comprehensive plans, and residential and mixed-use developments. The selected candidate will serve as urban designer for a variety of projects, with specific roles to include research, mapping and analysis; participation in public, client, and other project meetings; report writing; preparation of site plans, maps, digital models, photo-simulations and other graphics.
• Bachelor's degree in Architecture is required.
• Masters in City/Urban Planning or Urban Design is strongly desired.
• Proficiency with ArcGIS, AutoCAD (or Revit, or 3ds max), SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop) is required.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Team player and mentorship mindset
• Entrepreneurial drive
• LEED AP a plus
• Web design and/or use of technology/social media a plus
WRT is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We strongly value diversity and an inclusive workplace. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.