The Fairmount Park Conservancy exists to champion the Fairmount Park system. The Conservancy's mission is to work as a collaborative partner to lead and support efforts which preserve and improve Fairmount Park to enhance the quality of life and stimulate the economic development of the Greater Philadelphia Region.
The Conservancy fulfills this mission by leading signature capital projects and innovative programs, developing and leveraging resources for the park, and promoting the parks' unique assets and contributions, while working closely with the City of Philadelphia's Department of Parks & Recreation. The Conservancy is helping create and maintain a world-class, pre-eminent park system, which is a national model for urban revitalization, sustainability, and civic engagement. We believe that parks can be catalysts for positive change in by making our individual lives healthier, our neighborhoods safer, and our region more competitive.
While working with the Senior Director of Operations and Planning, the Operations Coordinator will be responsible for office management, financial administration, data entry, technology maintenance and human resources. The ideal candidate is smart, savvy and hardworking. This person has the ability to prioritize and successfully juggle multiple responsibilities in a productive and considerate manner. The Conservancy is looking for someone who understands how the organization's internal operations fit into a larger picture. The ideal candidate can identify a problem and fix it with multiple short, medium and long- term solutions.
• Understands and supports the mission of the Conservancy and the goals of the Board of Directors and Management Team; assists in developing operational and administrative procedures to implement these goals
• Maintains overall responsibility for the day-to-day administrative management of the organization
• Acts as primary contact for vendors
• Designs filing systems and maintains records
• Assesses space needs and assists in maintaining a safe, secure and tidy work environment
• Processes memberships and donations and updates database
• Oversees the financial processes of the office including check requests, bank deposits and credit card and bank statements
• Serves as liaison with financial representatives, including annual auditors
• Maintains petty cash account and all receipt reimbursement
• Tracks concession income and expenses and maintains detailed reports
• Maintains personnel files and policies and procedures
• Acts as a liaison with outside HR consultants, benefits and insurance brokers
• Organizes new staff orientations
• Assists with organizing staff meetings and retreats
• Tracks insurance policies
• Assists in technology planning for the organization
• Serves as primary liaison with outside technology consultants
• Oversees computer network's day to day functioning
Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. The Conservancy offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, and vision, as well as life, disability and retirement plans.
The Conservancy does not discriminate based on ethnicity, race, gender or sexual orientation and encourages all qualified individuals to apply.
Please send a formal letter of interest, resume, three work related references and salary requirements attached as either PDF or Word documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Operations and Finance Coordinator" in the subject line.
Please, no telephone calls or mailed applications. Deadline for application is November 1, 2013. Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.