The boundary of the St. Hugh area in Upper North Philadelphia is marked by the northern boundary is the AMTRAK railroad line running north of and parallel to Venango Street. The western boundary is 6th Street. The southern boundary is Allegheny Avenue. The eastern boundary is “B” Street. Total population is approximately 18,000 and the majority of residents are of Hispanic origin. The area was developed in the late 1800’s and early 1900’s, when factories were built along major streets or railroad tracks and worker housing was constructed on the narrower intermediate streets. The majority of the area is occupied by is single-family row homes.